Kenya is way better then I expected and I have only been from the airport to the home. Answered prayers that our day of traveling went so smoothly and easy. Although the plane food really hurt my stomach the 12 hour flight was not actually that bad. I got to watch a lot of movies and sat beside this girl who I had really awesome chats with. Now that the flying is over from going through it it doesn't seem that bad but during it was a battle but a battle that was easily won! Another major God moment was being able to push through the day after getting off the plane because we arrived in Kenya in the morning s the jetlag was really bad. I was worried I was not going to be able to enjoy the day but it turned out to be super awesome, it is like I got a second wind to enjoy whatever God had in stored for us for that day in Kenya. We had an action packed day of going to the mall to exchange money and then we went to the compound we are staying at. The place is called hope gardens and...
WELL THAT IS A WRAP! Summer 16 was by far my best summer yet. I am so thankful to God for all the memories I was able to make and all the experiences I got to take part in. Although summer is ending I am ready and look forward to start a my final year of high school. Usual ending summer I feel so sad but I did so much this summer my bucket is full and I feel complete ;) I now await the adventures of this grade 12 year. Being the cheesy person I like to make recap lists... So here is my 2016 summer highlights list 1) OBVIOUSLY KENYA 2) meeting so many new people and creating new friendships 3) Learning so much and having a new perspective to look at life through 4) Celebrating my birthday at MCF and getting the surprise cake... first time I felt truly wanted 5) Life chats around yummy food at this gorgeous resort on lake Nivasha 6) All the sunsets I got to experience ( Masai Mara, Wasaga Beach, Penlake) 7) Touring Montreal and falling in love with the city 8) Playing golf with ...
I learned more in our 2 three hour lessons for basic conversation then I did in all my years of taking french. From our lessons I am able to have a basic intro conversation with someone which is really cool. I admire anyone who knows a second language because I think words are so beautiful and it is such a gift. That is one of my goals in life is to become fluent in another language. Here is a little snip it of what we learned in 2 days. Person 1: Hujambo (Hello) Person 2: Sijambo (Hello) Person 1: Habari Yako? (How are you) Person 2: Nzuri (good, fine), Na wewe? (what about you) Person 1: Nzuri pia ( I am fine as well) Person 1: Jina lako ni nani? (what is your name) Person 2: Jina langu_____. Na wawa? (my name is____. what about you) Person 1: JIna langu____. Person 2: Unatoka wapi? (Where are you from?) Person 1: Ninatoka____ ( I am from___) Person 2: Kwa heri (good bye) We also learned a few other questions, verbs, and numbers up to 10. Tomorrow we will have culture l...
WOW great pictures! thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete